Clarinet Audition Procedures
Missouri All-State Band Clarinet Auditions
Background: The past thirty plus years have seen major changes in the Missouri All-State Band audition process. The addition of the Honorable Mention Band, the use of winds in the Missouri All-State Orchestra, plus the increase in the number of students auditioning have been just a few of the demands put upon the process. As a result of these demands and the need to deal with more students efficiently and accurately, the procedure for clarinet auditions will be as follows:
- There will be three Preliminary Rooms open at 9:00am with two or more judges in each room.
- At approximately 9:45 am, the Prelim Rooms will take a short break to begin posting callbacks. These will be posted in the lobby and on the projector screen.
- The Call-Back room will begin auditioning as soon as possible am in the Little Theater with three new judges. As soon as the prelim rooms have posted their first list of call backs these rooms will resume first round auditions. Additional call-backs will be posted periodically throughout the afternoon. The final call-back sheet will be labeled as such.
- Students that have completed their audition in the Prelim Room need to periodically check the call-back list in the commons area. Just because they were not called back in the first list does not mean they will not be called back at all!! Keep checking the call-backs until the final call back list has been posted.
- Once the Prelim Rooms are finished and all students have auditioned a final call-back list will be posted. At that time any students NOT called back on any list will be excused and may leave.
Additional notes: Directors please advise your students to proceed to a prelim room in a timely fashion beginning at 9:00am. Also advise them to be available in the commons area to check those call-back lists early and often.