AUDITION DAY INFORMATION
Show this to your director!!!
Here is a summary of the procedures for registering students for the Missouri All-State Band auditions on Saturday, December 6, 2014 at Hickman High School. Please look it over carefully!
- Please double check the student information on your printout for accuracy, especially the spelling of each student’s name. Student’s names will appear in the All-State concert program and on their t-shirt as it appears on your printout.
- All registration will be done online. After your district auditions you will go to www.missouribandmasters.org and register your school and all students that intend to audition for state on December 6.
- When registering your students, please take the time to include the student’s home address, phone number and email address. This information would become vital in the event of a cancellation due to weather, and simply copying the school’s address and other contact information would not enable us to contact the students.
- You will register for both All State Band and All State Jazz Band on the MBA website.
- Schools will pay for both registrations with one check made out to MBA.
- The deadline to register your students will be Wednesday, November 19, 2014. Up until that date you may go back into your school account and add, delete, or edit your school and student information. At midnight on November 19 the registration process will close.
- The audition fee is $10.00 per audition and you must pay for all students that have been registered. If you register 10 students and only 5 actually come on December 6, you will still owe $100.00 for all that have registered. This is consistent with the district and state solo/ensemble festival procedures.
- NOTE: There will be a $25.00 fee assessed to any late entry or correction in any part of the registration. This fee will be accessed to each correction. It is a huge undertaking to make adjustments to this process after the deadline. This fee will be due on the day of the auditions just like the regular fee. MBA accepts only cash, checks, or money orders made payable to “Missouri Bandmasters.”
- NO CASH REFUNDS will be made on the day of All-State auditions. If your school issues you a check to pay for the auditions, please make sure it is for the correct amount.
- On December 6, only directors/school representatives will need to check in.
- Upon check in, directors/school reps will be handed a folder with their students’ registration forms and randomly generated audition numbers, your school’s information to verify, an invoice for any fees due, and any other pertinent information.
- The director/school rep check-in will run from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00a.m. on December 6.
- The actual auditions will begin at 9:00 a.m. Please encourage your students to go into the audition room when they are ready. All the judges feel that a good audition is a good audition, whether it is at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm. Don’t let them sit around and wait!
- The clarinets will once again be using a different procedure for auditions. Please read the “clarinet procedures” section on the MBA website. It appears under All-State Band audition procedures.
- After the preliminary audition in a particular room is finished, please instruct your student to report to the commons area at Hickman High School to see if they are called back. After the call backs are completed have your student once again report to the commons area. Students that finish at the top of their section will be called into the office and be asked if they would like to play in the band, orchestra, or maybe the jazz band. Their name will be announced over a loudspeaker twice and if they do not report in a short amount of time, a coin will be flipped to determine their placement.
Please read the following statements in regards to eligibility and home school associations. This policy was developed in conjunction with the Missouri State High School Activities Association.
- Missouri Bandmasters Association does not allow home school associations or affiliate registered schools to audition for placement in an all-district honor ensemble or all-state honor ensemble.
- Missouri Bandmasters Association follows all MSHSAA By-Laws regarding eligibility and responsibility for supervision.
- The all-district/all-state ensembles are culminating events, sponsored by the ‘organization’ involving MSHSAA member schools, much like MSHSAA district and state music festivals.
If you have any other questions about the All-State Pre-registration procedure, please contact All-State Coordinator Kim Pirtle at email@example.com or call 660-287-3177.